- Activity: Fall Camporee
- Date: Sept. 25-27, 2015
- Depart: 5:00 pm (Remember to EAT dinner before coming)
- Return: 2:30 pm (approx.)
- Costs: $50
- Location: Camp Bashore, 160 Moonshine Road, Jonestown, PA
- Emergency Contact #:
- (302) 463-7695 (Cmdr Doug Revell)
- (717)8654583 (Camp phone)
- (717)3045796 (BSA Ranger)
- Due by: Sept 16 (Wednesday) Money and Permission slip
1. Additional Required forms:
a. “Emergency Medical Form”
b. “Pennsylvania Delaware District East Division Activity and Shooters Permission Slip and Liability Release Form”
2. Personal gear (clothes, shoes, towels, etc.) must be packed in some type of duffel bag or backpack.
3. Please review weather report and pack clothing accordingly.
4. All meals will be provided by the Camp.
5. This camp ground has indoor rest rooms & shower.
For more information, visit: www.pdrangers.org/fall-camporee-east1
Dear Ranger Commanders and Boys,
This Fall Camporee is going to be one of the most exciting yet. We are planning a full complement of activities along with a water rocket competition, and will have a number of hands-on energy demonstrations and competitions. Boys will have a lot of fun and can even earn the Energy Merit if they want. Boys should bring a 2 liter bottle decorated as their rocket for use in the competition. The plastic bottle will fire up side down and it is important to not block the opening and to not put more than 2 inches of fins or decoration below the opening of the bottle so it can set on the piping correctly.
It is great to have cabins and shelters so you don’t have to set up tents but they are first come first served so get the registration in early! Meals will be prepared by Chef Tim Finan and staff for Saturday breakfast, lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch. Make your own Ice Cream Sundae on Friday night (no extra cost). Saturday night snacks will be on your own so don’t forget to pack a few. Those Outposts who do not wish to eat at the cafeteria can bring their own food and prepare it.
Our theme this year is “Energy” – learning some of the fascinating things about energy in our natural world, but more importantly, being challenged to believe for God’s power and energy to be at work in our lives. Our special speaker is Rev. Keith Bryner. The Music Ministry will be provided by recording artist, musician and worship leader, Randy Fisher.
- Commander Steve Steffel
- Special activities geared to that age group with games, crafts, devotions, and more, more, more
Discovery, Adventure and Expedition Rangers
- .22 Shoot
- Frisbee Golf
- Rock Climbing Wall
- Other Supervised activities