Single & Parenting
2018 Note: This group will start Sunday September 23.
Help & Hope for Single Parents
If you’re a single parent, you’re probably tired, overwhelmed, and feeling a bit underappreciated. That’s where our Single & Parenting group can help. It's a place to share tips and parenting wisdom that will help you find rest, hope and encouragement.
Single & Parenting meets every Sunday Evening from 5:30 - 6:45 PM.
The Group is facilitated by April Smith and is held in Room 107.
For more information please call 302-737-5040 or send a message.
How a Single & Parenting group works
At a Single & Parenting group, you’ll participate in video seminars that explain how to:
- Wisely encourage your kids to obey
- Help your hurting child
- Eliminate debt
- Deal with verbal onslaughts
- Figure out what your emotions are telling you
- Plus, you’ll develop meaningful friendships with other single parents, who, like you, are tired of hectic mornings and chaotic evenings, the kids fighting, and a never-ending to-do list.
Take the guesswork out of parenting alone. Join the Single & Parenting group at Praise Assembly today.
What to Expect
Each Single & Parenting session has three distinct elements:
The videos are interesting and dynamic to watch, and filled with practical advice you can easily apply.
- Life-changing teaching from counselors and professionals who have been, or who work with, single parents
- Single parents who’ve faced parenting dilemmas and share the solutions they found
- Demos on how to handle tough situations with your kids
Small Group Discussion
After viewing the video, you’ll spend time in a small group and discuss the video concepts and how to apply them. Each group member will also have the opportunity to talk about what is going on in his or her life. It’s encouraging to realize the things you’re facing as a single parent are normal and survivable!
Workbook-based Personal Application
Between sessions, you get the chance to apply the strategies to your daily life. Short, daily workbook exercises help you adjust the tips to work for you. Whatever your struggles—kids, discipline, exhaustion, money, ex-partner, depression, anger—the workbook helps you address the situation at its source.
Read a sample from chapter 1 (PDF, 700 KB) of the Single & Parenting workbook
Click here to learn more about the Single & Parenting group.